Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: European Singer SongWriter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member TheAbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2007
    Posts
    826
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    European Singer SongWriter

    Norway won the Eurovision Song Contest with a Belarusian/Norwegian fellow's song entitled Fairytale. In the long history of the Eurovision Song Contest, this is the highest scoring song and winner of all time.

    The song was written and performed by Alexsander Rybak, who sings, writes, and plays violin on the song. That's right, violin. If you want to see him performing this song at the Eurovision Song Contest, speak no further:


    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8JRtGMBUz0"]YouTube - Norway - Points: 387 - Place: 1st[/ame]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member anonymos's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2008
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: European Singer SongWriter

    I approve...even if it sounds like a country song at the beginning.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member TheAbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2007
    Posts
    826
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: European Singer SongWriter

    A quick note on how the score works. 25 countries make it to the finals, and each of those can vote. They vote 1 through 12 for their favorite song. Their #1 vote gest 12 points, their #2 vote 11 points, etc. You may not vote for yourself. That's how votes are tabulated.

    The previous high, in over FIFTY previous contests of Eurovision was Lordi, the Finnish Heavy Metal band with 292. Alexander obliterated that with 387 points.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member TheAbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2007
    Posts
    826
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: European Singer SongWriter

    I liked about half of the ones I listened to on the Eurovision, website, so I ordered the CD. 42 MP3s of the songs from various Euopean countries for 10.50 Euro, which is about $14 America. I'll tell you what I think laters.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member TheAbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2007
    Posts
    826
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: European Singer SongWriter

    The promo video of Belgium's entry. I think you'll like it:


    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOn0QwBFOGI"]YouTube - Eurovision 2009 - Belgium - Patrick Ouchène - Copycat[/ame]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member (GM)2's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2007
    Posts
    154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: European Singer SongWriter

    eeeeeew Lordi??? uuuugh i hate them. i sure hope thats not a remark on how the rest of the stuff sounds =p i'm gonna give it a shot though =p
    I've had it with monkey fightin snakes on this monday to friday plane!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •